10-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #6
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRAVE View Post
How would this affect someone who is interested in getting rid of their car early, not buy it out.

I currently have a 2016 340i lease ending in May of next year, if I took my car to a dealer, would they still be offered by BMWFS this low price and allow me to walk away from the car?

Also does it have to be a BMW dealer or is any dealer up for this low price? Like is carmax or a small used car dealer up for this?
No. This price is only available 90 days out from lease termination. If you want out now, you will be trading the car in on another car, or they will buy it from you for whatever they determine is "fair market value" which will be a loss to you of a few thousand to several thousand dollars.

(for the average lease of a 3/4 series, you would likely be 4-5k under water right now, and there is no official BMW pull ahead).

It will likely be cheaper for you to take the lease to term (until may of next year) than it would be to sell it / trade it in, even counting whatever your monthly payments are between now and then.

Said another way, the sum of your remaining monthly payments is likely less than the amount of money you will nose trying to to trade it in now, and nothing about this program is applicable to you.
Appreciate 0