09-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #339
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondonor View Post
I am amazed at all your documentation and data you have. I would have no clue what a good min or max hub to fender measurement is.

I know you do a lot of rock road driving so understand where you are coming from. For me, I just want to take care of some of my fender gap. I had coilovers on my E92 and that is really the route I want to go here. And I love the EDC. For my 90 miles of commuting everyday it's comfort mode for me!

The last time I was in Angles Camp was at a Dead show!
A couple of things to consider when thinking of changing your height are where your LCAs will be in their compression swing/arc and what's the travel to bump stops. When the arms angle upwards (from the body out) as they compress you lose camber. If you lower and are hitting the bump stops all the time the ride is harsher than it needs to be.

For some folks the KW drop amounts are just what they're looking for. I'm just glad the data is out there so we can calculate for ourselves and determine whether it fits our own requirements/goals instead of having to "buy to try" and risk wasting $.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthedark View Post
Maybe then combine the EDC of the stock or the Bilsteins with an MSS Kit
https://mss.company/
Not the cheapest option but worked very well a few years back on my Gold R32 MKV (with Ohlins not active) now I just have to decide to keep the car (vs turning it in after the lease) and then I'll order a set myself
Might be an option if they published their spring rates. Otherwise they're only for those who want to alter the height/look. It's too bad they couldn't have made their front system compatible with standard coilover springs so users could swap to a known entity.

Without data, the mfg messaging is purely, "trust us" and if you don't, well you've just thrown $ away. Industry needs to have more answers to customers saying, "prove it."

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.

Last edited by FaRKle!; 09-10-2019 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0