04-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #11
whiplash
Private No Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
One thing - you don't need to be self-conscious, trying to avoid making a fool of yourself. No matter how good a driver you think you are, you will be among the slowest on track, that will be a reality check and if you're smart about it, you will look upon this as an incredible opportunity to learn. If you do it this way, you'll see your speed "magically" increase over the course of the event, often times dramatically so.

So remember: you are there to learn, you don't care who's faster, you will have unbelievable fun, and you need to go home with the same car and in the same pristine condition as when you went there. :thumbup:
ADC hit it right on the head. I remember how nervous I was at my first school, thinking I would make an absolute fool of myself. The classroom instructor asked all the first-timers to raise their hands and then look around the room at how many other first-timers there were. That made me feel a lot better because I kept thinking I was going to be the only one there that had no idea what I was doing. My guess is, your novice group will have plenty of first-timers as well and they are all thinking the same thing!

You will have an absolute blast and you will walk away a much better driver (and you will probably be hooked for life!). And like ADC said...listen to your instructor and ask questions. It's the best way to learn (plus it shows the instructor you're not holding your breath the entire way around the track!!).

Dan in Houston / CCA # 93849
Appreciate 0