09-09-2022, 10:56 AM   #27
Jelly_Belly
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy138 View Post
Funny you should mention that because I've been heavily researching this. From what I've gathered, there isn't a good option for the E series N55 motors, especially with X-drive (which I have). S55 oil pump retrofits won't work because of the E-series power steering rack.

My option at this point would be to remove the front differential, separate front axles to only retain the outer hubs, remove center driveshaft, run x-delete (which I have) and install a RWD N55 oil pan. From there I could install a VAC oil pan baffle.

I have 700 miles on the rear Wavetrac LSD from diffsonline and haven't used the AWD in several years due to x-delete. I just need to decide if I want to commit to this route because it's fairly difficult to return to "stockish" if I decide to sell it in the future.

The whole ordeal is frustrating to say the least but I'm over it and now looking for the best path forward so I can enjoy the car again!

Oh man, ok thats rough, so the MMR baffle isnt compatible with your E chassis N55. And the VAC Motorsports one isnt compatible because of X drive.... Dude, you sir are stuck between a rock and a hard place..

Um. Yea no one's gonna have the right answer for your case. But do keep in mind. You assume you are gonna sell the car eventually. I will say that I modded my other car (A mk6 Golf) so extensively that by the time i was gonna sell it, it made no sense for me to put up an asking price that I thought matched the work that was done on the car. ( I wasnt asking a crazy amount, just higher than what other models with lower mileage were asking)

You never get back the money you put into your car in mods. You just dont. So i guess you need to ask yourself if you really wanna sell the car eventually and if the answer is yes, is it worth putting in all that work? Or do you do the work and keep the car forever.
Appreciate 1