03-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #42
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm View Post
Came across this thing called TMC Tuning Box... A new friend threw it at me and I gave it a try... It is said to have 9 maps?? Apparently the map 9 supports an aftermarket downpipe.... Wasn't expecting much but did a test run... Launch at around 2K rpm again and got 5-sec flat.... best time I've gotten so far.... about 0.2 sec faster than my JB stage 1. I'm excited about upgrading to JB stage 2 but for now the TMC is staying under my hood.... at least until after I have another run with the Challenge HFC DP!
Nice, pretty impressive. Never heard of it, now you have me wanting to check it out. I still think your stage 1 JB4 should put you under 5 seconds!

I forget if I asked already, but are you getting any wheelspin with 2k RPM launches? May be worth it to launch at about 2.25k or 2.5k if you're not. Granted if you're running the stock all seaons the car may not hook up as well as decent summer tires, but I think the best launch should get a bit of squeel but not total spinning.

Edit:

Just looked them up, they're claiming a 76hp increase! That seems really high. I'm wondering if they're running a safe boost for that gain. I dont know if anyone has used them or has dynos/boost info on it so I'd be hesitant on it. I think the JB4 is closer to +30 hp to the wheels, so 76 hp is really high. That's like a DP+ Tune.

Also found a thread that touches on it from last year:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688854

Last edited by tdizzle; 03-04-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0