02-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
It's probably too early to fully discuss the pros and cons of the these three obd tunes however is there anything on the surface that jumps out?

It seems like the only apparent difference right now is thst mhd will be cheaper?

All three will offer dp cell turn off. Removal of the cat warm up cycle. Burbles. And the ability to switch maps. So in the end as a consumer what's the next data point that will help you make a decision? Will it come down to posted dyno sheets and which is making the most power?

If you have pulled the trigger on one already please share you logic on making that choice.
Gotta love options! I just placed an order through x-ph for bootmod3 license, intercooler and downpipe. I already have a charge pipe and m performance exhaust.

I went with bootmod3 for the following reasons:

- very popular on the site, so is clearly well established in the tuning community. Also the Facebook group is active and friendly for troubleshooting
- iOS, windows and android support
- OBD unlock and flash via ENET cable (I already have one)
- proven results

Ultimately it came down to having the most proven tune (AA was the only other option to me that was proven on this platform) and then total cost and ease of use, where bootmod3 wins for me.

I'd like to get a before/after dyno but the nearest AWD dyno is 200 km away so I don't think that's gonna happen.
Appreciate 0