06-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #73
murphius1118
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemore View Post
I had a very unusual experience in my F30 328i that I have not been able to replicate since. I do not appear to have the ability to stream music through blue tooth on my iphone, though I can use it to make calls over the speaker system.

I have a pair of Sennheiser wireless ear buds (bluetooth). I recently started my car while listening to a podcast and my phone paired with the car's audio system and started playing it through the speakers! I have never had the option to do this in the past.

The truly bizarre part was my car was acting like this was a phone call, it popped up that I was calling my own phone, had the timer running, etc... It also messed up something on my iphone (xr) because after I left my car I could barely get any audio out of my speakers. I later restarted my iphone and since then have not been able stream through bluetooth. Any thoughts on what might have happened?​
I have the same issue with Bluetooth audio randomly not working. For some reason the Bluetooth "audio" option is shown as deselected in the iDrive bluetooth options screen. this happens randomly for some reason. When this happens my phone is still connected via Bluetooth but can only pick up phone calls and cannot stream music.

Two things you can do....you can simply select the Bluetooth audio option and reestablish the connection and ability to stream music. Or you can always erase your phone from iDrive and set up again as a new phone. This will also fix the issue.
'13 328i xDrive│Jet Black│BMS JB Stage 1│MPE│18" 400M & Conti DWS 06│DelVal BMW CCA #533245
Appreciate 1