View Single Post
      10-04-2021, 05:11 PM   #78
2017F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 330iX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc888 View Post
Good luck! Keep us posted. You should be able to get them to do the SIB even without the extended warranty. It's an old and well known issue.
Canadian dealers aren’t as eager as US dealers to follow up on SIBs - goodwill or otherwise. Glad to have printed out the SIB because the service advisor was quick to quote 2 hours labor to update the I-Level. Advised I have extended warranty and to refer to the SIB and any questions should be directed to corporate. The service advisor indicated he would need to phone in for approval and I agreed before leaving. Returned later in the day and the advisor indicated head office approved the update which I was pleased to hear. When I arrived in the morning the service advisor synched the key data which I asked him to print which confirmed I-Level F020-18-03-530 so after the car was washed and keys returned I asked for a repeat and the key data indicted I-Level F020-21-03-545. Listened for the noise on the drive home but nothing heard; however, will keep monitoring just to be safe. Otherwise appreciate this useful thread!
Appreciate 0