02-16-2024, 09:49 AM   #41
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
There's lots of smoke and mirrors around BEV's (and other things), and either you can see through that and you're on one side, or you can't and you're on the other. Most people have very little mental agility no matter how book smart they may be, so not much point in arguing.
Eh, doesn't have to be one side or the other. I think that happens but it's unfortunate.

They work for some people (probably more people than people realize), but they don't work for everyone. Price is a thing, new and used. Long term cost of fuel vs electrons is a thing. What one has access to for charging. How often you actually tow or take a road trip. Your weather. The ability to get an EV repaired if you have an issue. Reliability of a product that's both new and established at the same time.

It's a complicated subject, there's no right or wrong. Some people should own them, some should not. Government can push a little but most would agree push less than they are right now. Anyone with a firm side that can only see the good or the bad is certainly fooling themselves.
Appreciate 1
SteVTEC248.00