View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #52
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I'll warn you now, these really do get under your skin! I actually went down the route of rejecting it but I honestly couldn't bring myself to do it in the end. It took me a while to find the one I wanted with a few key extras and I was buggered if I was going to let it go without a fight. That was five months ago and although it can be a proper pain in the arse sometimes with its idiosyncrasies I love it more than any other car I've had (apart from maybe the Boxster but that was at a different time in my life) which is a great place to be. It's an old design but it still looks smart, is practical, quiet (oh so quiet) and of course the driving position is spot on too. It's a lot more 'driveable' than I thought it would be although it does feel a bit daft smacking through the gears using the flappy paddles.

You and your family are going to love yours, there's always a sense of occasion with it and I'm sure you're going to have lots of memories, happy ones I hope! Epic spec by the way and lovely colour combination too.
I found the same (and so did the wife). There is something special about the way they feel, the way they drive and some of the different touches they have.

It was the RRS that hooked me into the brand and I kept coming back to LR after considering others.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
Drek578.50