View Single Post
      08-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #18
emtrey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M235IX, 06 Carrera S, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
Thanks for confirming this, glad its not just in my mind.

I get 23mpg but I drive enthusiastically and mostly city driving. I also have xdrive so gas mileage is not an issue

Download an app called WAZE. Its good at identifying where the cops are. I just got it this week and 150mph here I come
Most of my driving is highway so I am running very close to 30 mpg. However, I have been off on disability for 7 weeks and once I was allowed to drive, my gas mileage running around town dropped to around 25-26.

Now, let's see what happen using sports+

I have had 7 BMWs and 2 Minis. I love this car but I still long for hydraulic steering. I had a chance to do a Porsche driving event. The last car we drove on the track was a new (991) Carrera S , virtually identical to my 06.
Car was awesome on the track and the PDK is a great track tool, but, the steering (electric) was not like my old 997s. I wouldn't trade my car for the new one , even up.

Electric steering may be great for gas mileage but it still does not have the road feel of a car with hydraulic power steering or no power steering.

Maybe they will come up with a software update to give us more feel. It would make me very happy. ( of all my BMWs , the car with the best steering was our 1998 528 sport. --even better than my E46 M-3 cab, M roadster or 135i )

Last edited by emtrey; 08-13-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 1