jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
You are correct. Turning the light off turns the light off. I don't know about the other tunes, are there any that turn the light off without turning the light off?
I was under the impression that 'Turning the light off' was just that - it turns the CEL light Off on the dash, but does nothing for allowing O2 sensor readiness in order to pass emissions OBD2 plug in test?

How do you pass emissions test in Cali with catless DP?

I was told that here in PA, with catless DP, even if light was turned off - I would not pass the test as O2 sensors would not show ready

Which is why I went with catted FabSpeed DP - I have not had a problem passing emissions with this DP & I have nothing turning anything off - it passes with DP & O2 sensors installed
I've only had my car for about a year now, so I haven't had to smog it yet. You're right that, as it sits, I likely won't pass smog, but I have a few months before my registration is up and if I need a smog test this year, I'll figure it out when the time comes. It's a MY2013, so as I understand it, I wouldn't have to smog it until 2019. Worst case scenario is that I'd have to swap my stock dp back on once every 2 years, which isn't the end of the world.

My original comment on clearing the cel was just that I no longer have it staring me in the face every time I'm behind the wheel; nothing more, nothing less.