View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #144
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtrey View Post

Is there anyone I'm this board who just drives a BMW because they are great driving cars ?

Am I proud of my car, yep , because its a great car, is it de-badged, yep because it looks good. I could care less what Others think especially BMW owners who likely know what it is.

If you bought your BMW for snob appeal only, you will hopefully learn why it's an elite car and not an elitist car or you will move on to to another status symbol.
That would be me.

My first car, E93, was to show off, be a status-symbol. Great car, had to get rid of it early, too small for my needs.

My next car, E90 M-Sport, was to fit in as an enthusiast. Terrible car, couldn't wait to get rid of it, incredibly harsh ride, for the 30 seconds a week of 'twisty' thrills I suffered with 5 hours a week of driving a steel plank feeling every road imperfection and pothole.

My current car, F30 Luxury line, is just the car I wanted for the sheer driving pleasure. And by "driving" I don't mean "racing". I mean the whole experience from the sumptuous leather seats, to the multi-tone interior, to the sound-deadening material, to the quiet exhaust, to the iDrive tech toys, to the smarphone integration.

It took me a few tries to get it right, but it's all good now.

BJ
Appreciate 0