View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #151
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
I don't know anyone with anything going on, let alone an . . . 'elitest' . . . that would call any 3-Series a luxury car. It is what it is. It's a nice lil'entry level luxury car or a very good sports sedan. You're trying way too hard, Mate.

You're impressing no one with a 3-series. More importantly, if you don't enjoy driving the thing in a sporty manner, you made a poor buying decision because you missed the boat with the real luxury car buyers.

People with 550i's, M5's, any 7-series and I won't mention Merc owners are laughing at you for either: 1) blowing you wad on a Rolex . . . hence the 328; or 2) the more likely explanation, it's one of the million fake Chinese knockoffs in the Tri-State area worn by insecure guys that are, again, trying way too hard.
Thanks, Dr. Pavlov.

The average American household grosses $49,000 annually. They can't even dream of a $50,000 car. They see a BMW, they're impressed mightily. Those who are in it for the badge aren't trying to impress you and I. They're trying to keep up with you and I. I'm not impressed when I see someone in a 3 Series or a 5 Series either. But my nanny? My cleaning girl? My lawn guy? Speechless.

Since you're a psychologist, can you answer this for me? Why do you performance enthusiasts try so hard to disassociate yourselves with the very DNA that comes standard with every BMW? Elitism, power, prestige, status, there's a really great Subaru out there that's lighter, smaller, firmer and has none of these elements yet you buy the bigger, heavier, softer F30. Why? Why the gravitation to a brand and car that is a known yuppie status-symbol instead of something more 'earthy', something sincere instead of this hypocritical nonsense?

I own an F30 because I love the way it looks, how it blasts from a stop, how it handles, and all the tech toys. I also recognize that 90% of the 3 Series on the road are driven by 50 year old executives and their wives merely as a 30MPH status-symbol. Doesn't bother me at all. Why can't performance enthusiasts do likewise?

BJ
Appreciate 0