View Single Post
      06-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #21
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ede92 View Post
I would think that the F30 is first introduced in the U.S. in June with a MY2013 designation, shortly after the Geneva show..
There is precedent for a gap in model production though when production for the 5-Series skipped MY1996 in the U.S. when transitioning to the E39 models.
Interesting, thanks for posting that. That was a bit before I started paying attention to BMW (which was around the time the E46 came on the scene).

If that's how it ends up going, then I am even more confused by what they gain by not switching the sedan over to MY2012 in September along with the coupe, convertible, and touring. This, in combination with the 1M model year anomoly (it is a MY2011 while the rest of the 1 series lineup switched to MY2012) makes me strongly suspect that there is some legal issue with calling a particular vehicle a particular model year when in fact it won't ever be produced in the corresponding calendar year. That's the only thing I can think of that logically explains these marketing decisions.
Appreciate 0