Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
OR unless they are WINTER SPORTS tyres these peform very well in conditions below 14 degC and very good in wet conditions,both of which are conditions now between November /March times.....
That's the key, the right winter tyre for our climate. I'll be running Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D RFTs on the 535i this winter, the BMW OEM setup. Will be interesting to see how they perform. Just waiting for the next cold snap, likely to be the real winter weather next time. 11 - 12C at the present.

Ran Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme on the 330d, suited that car well, no issues at all in any conditions. Their only weakness (if you can call it that) was deep standing water, could sense they worked hard to displace water and you verged on aqua-planing on the really deep stuff. But I am talking about really bad standing water along some of the edges of our highland roads. But to be fair and put it in perspective, a half worn summer tyre would be worse for aqua-planing in those conditions.

HighlandPete
Our 5er came with Dunlop Sport winter M3, what is the difference Pete?

The m135i comes with ultra-high performance winter tyres (like the Summers) : Continental Winter Contact TS830P SSR Runflat tyes. What I am not looking forward to is Runflats on the 1er and a non staggered 205 setup.