View Single Post
      06-16-2014, 02:21 AM   #19
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakered View Post
As one Surrey pensioner to another, I would also recommend the HUD and also the heated seats. the sat nav instructions come up in the HUD and in a year of ownership I have never used the verbal instructions, it is all in your line of sight and if in doubt, you can always look on the main screen.

Not sure I see the point of 4 wheel drive in Surrey......

The tourer gets hot if parked in the sun and do not think the ethnic glass would help that. Once underway the air con copes wonderfully with the tropical intensity of a Surrey summer so again can see no point in having the aesthetic disaster of different colour windows.

After half a century of driving I have just about managed to master parking so cannot see the point of cameras particularly as I am still flexible enough to be able to turn my head to look around the car.
Agree on the HUD and the parking.

However, from my mere week of owning an xdrive, I have noticed it's not just for poor weather, it changes the dynamics of the car, you can keep power on longer in bends (actually all the way on most) - no more having to be prepared to react if you over egg the power on an Sdrive.
Also adds that extra practicality to the car, a car for all seasons.

As for the sun protection glass, it does keep the rear cooler while travelling and for brief spells when parked up, however one of key benefits is keeping stuff on rear seats out of prying eyes.

Btw I think the use of ethnic to describe the glass as rather offensive.
Appreciate 0