View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #47
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Having the 335i, i find it slow, and just barely able to keep up with traffic...
consumption is terrible: 270milles per 15 gallons !?

And that's when i am trying to keep just a few car's length ahead of traffic.

Old accords would even drive faster than me.

the suspension is bouncy, i am not fully satisfied with this car.
I love it, but it has those unexpected imperfection so uncharacteristics of BMW.

the N55 in the F30 is over-rated.

The N20 is a better application for the F30.
if you want to have a fast 3 series: get the F80.

Feel free to flame me. I am bumped for not being able to see what you see in the 335i F30. I just dont understand how you guys can come up with so much praises.
Or is it because i have too high of expectations?!

(The 335i is a great car nevertheless... ) but i feel is it's just barely keeping up with the competition...
A few things.

In traffic my N20 gets 300 miles on a full tank. Any car is going to suffer in traffic. Now on the highway i can get 40mpg, and others have said they get over 34mpg in their N55 which works out great for me since i do a lot of highway driving.

Old accords faster than an N55? Not sure what you mean there...

The suspension on your luxury non sport suspension Bmw is bouncy...Yes, it will be bouncy. If you expected Bmw driving dynamics why didn't you get the sportline?

The N20 is a great application in the F30, but it has it's drawbacks. It runs out of steam quickly after 5000rpm. And i wish it had quicker acceleration at highway speeds.

Also, does your car have the sport auto? It makes a big difference, and is really brings the car to life.

People have a lot of praise because they got a 335 that is capable if meeting expectations(sport models, sport transmissions, sport suspensions, sport seats...)

Not trying to flame you but it really does sounds like you got the wrong model(luxury) for based on your expectations. What made you choose luxury?