View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
bscardin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sedan Sport

"Regular" iPod controls - Am I missing something?

I just picked up my Alpine White 335i on Friday and so far have been loving the car (had an e92 335i coupe in 2007 and then a 2010 Audi S4 until Friday) but one thing is driving me crazy - how can I browse to Podcasts on the iDrive without the cradle?

I got the technology package in hopes of having the best iPod/iPhone integration. So far the bluetooth streaming is great but I am starting to think that there are no "standard" ipod controls available without the $$$ cradle (and then it's always full screen !?). By standard I mean the regular iPod menu items:Artists, Podcasts, Playlists, etc...

This is particularly frustrating because I listen to Podcasts quite a bit during my commute but there is no way that I've found to browse to the Podcasts. I can search but that only kind of works and the only option is to "Play" the results. I've tried an iPhone 5, iPhone 4 and an iPod nano with Apple usb cables. I have the technology package so I have BMW apps, and the advanced USB.

So, am I missing something? If this is just how it works then does anyone have suggestions on how to manage podcasts?
Appreciate 0