03-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #10
hristo.p
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Xdrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
Hey guys.

So I've been using stage 1 91 octane then I found some 93 gas so I decided to flash 93 map. But it sort of went through but bootmod3 was unable to clear the codes. As a result I can't turn my car on. The car goes to ignition on mode but I can't turn the actual engine on.

I read through some posts but nothing has worked so far.

1. Disconnect negative terminal for 10 minutes then try to reflash
2. Reflash using the force reflash and unlock option (suggested by BM3 support)
3. DME reset under diagnostic then reflash
4. Use laptop and iOS to see if it was the devices.

So I'm at my wit's end here. I've been waiting for my insurance company to find me towing for the past half hour with no luck so I'm kind of stuck at a parking lot with no public transit either. In hindsight, I should've done this at home but since my first flash went so well I didn't think it would go all SNAFU on me.

I'll probably end up calling a friend to ask if he can give me a ride home and then maybe back to the parking lot but I still need to fix it and PTF is closed for the weekend.

Any help would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
Hey guys.

So I've been using stage 1 91 octane then I found some 93 gas so I decided to flash 93 map. But it sort of went through but bootmod3 was unable to clear the codes. As a result I can't turn my car on. The car goes to ignition on mode but I can't turn the actual engine on.

I read through some posts but nothing has worked so far.

1. Disconnect negative terminal for 10 minutes then try to reflash
2. Reflash using the force reflash and unlock option (suggested by BM3 support)
3. DME reset under diagnostic then reflash
4. Use laptop and iOS to see if it was the devices.

So I'm at my wit's end here. I've been waiting for my insurance company to find me towing for the past half hour with no luck so I'm kind of stuck at a parking lot with no public transit either. In hindsight, I should've done this at home but since my first flash went so well I didn't think it would go all SNAFU on me.

I'll probably end up calling a friend to ask if he can give me a ride home and then maybe back to the parking lot but I still need to fix it and PTF is closed for the weekend.

Any help would be great.

Same or similar problem, tried to reflash my stage 2 93 OTS map to improve burbles and get GTS roar (in retrospect idk if that is even available for N55, but it was an option) the flash didn't go through, failed 2 times at 1%, reflash to stock failed at 14%. Car won't start. There are various malfunction messages on the dashboard. Charged my battery with a 30amp charger, kept the charger hooked up and tried to reflash again Stage 2 - failed, no % progress displayed. PTF advised to go to stock next - failed at "clearing codes" stage. Luckily PTF have been super responsive and looking for a workaround to get my car to start. If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know! No recent BMW updates, car was running stage 2 flawlessly for several months! I flash through my iPhone.
Appreciate 0