View Single Post
      05-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #9
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnduda56 View Post
The only remaining question is whether also selecting "Sport+" brings about additional acceleration, or not. Based on Skyhigh's feedback and some of the things I've read that is the case, though I wasn't 100% sure.
Now of course that might not be practical when timing is key, but let's say you notice the slow moving vehicle up ahead and prep yourself by selecting sport+ first, then right before overtaking move the stick to the left and flooring it.

but kicking the shifter to the left and being in sport+ doesnt equate with faster shifting AND higher shift RPMs?
There's no question there. WOT is WOT and delivers maximum engine power. The only thing going into sport/+ will do is change throttle mapping and WGDC such that you will open the throttle to 100% and command 100% WGDC with less accelerator pedal input. But the engine will produce the same X hp at WOT irrespective of mode. So sport/+ will only change the partial throttle and/or transient response.

To the 2nd question - no. The car will shift at its maximum RPM when the kickdown is depressed irrespective of drive mode. Going into sport/+ and/or shifter in M/S does not raise the maximum shift RPM at WOT, it only changes the shiftpoints in less than WOT situations.

Simply put:

1. Kickdown selects lowest possible gear.

2. WOT commands maximum engine power and highest shift RPM.
Appreciate 0