First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishowerinjager View Post
So many confident claims without any dyno deltas to back things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Finally, after a very long week we have official dyno results, and numbers look pretty darn good in my opinion.

The vehicle used was a 2016 340i with 40K miles. Nothing done to the car aside from oil changes. Original plugs, not gapped, no exhaust mods, and original intake.

After doing few street pulls in stock form, it was clear that the car is pulling timing due to some carbon build up and unknown/questionable batch of fuel as it was seen by nearly 30 knock counters per short run (acceptable is 0 - 4). So solution: a bit of E85. With that inside, all parameters in stock form were back to normal and car was dyno-worthy.

Here are the numbers put down in stock form: 294/325 wheel as per SAE correction. On WinPep7, STD correction showed 309whp, but WinPep8 has finally adapted SAE correction and now locks that as standard. With that in mind, stock 340i is rated at 320crank. Taking into account a 10-12% loss, that translates to roughly about 290whp, and that is exactly the numbers we got:

Now, we have ability to make a fully stock MPPSK flash work on Non-MPPSK car via some eeprom mods. So, since we have had a lot of MPPSK related questions, we opted out to building a MPPK car. The outcome is a MPPSK 340i, just without the sound/exhaust package. So a 340i MPPK.
Putting that car on a dyno showed a solid 331/352 wheel. That is a 37/27 wheel gain for just software/no exhaust, which is right where it supposed to be at the crank.

With base runs in hand, it was time to do some actual tuning. Remember, with MPPK already pushing limits of the stock exhaust, I didin't expect too much gains left on a table. But after few revisions, I clearly was wrong with my first impression. A stage 1 came out in at solid 65whp/36trq peak gain over stock, but with a much longer torque band that you can feel through the pull with 55-65 wheel torque gains until 5.5k :

Knowing there is more room on a table, we pushed the car even further. Keep in mind, this should only be used as a stage 2 option for all of you with high flow/catless exhaust system since back pressure is climbing a bit too high due to stock cat. But even though, with a bit higher back-pressure, the mighty B58 help up well and gave us solid 372whp/392wtrq, a 78whp/67wtrq gain over stock with 90wtrq gain over stock at 4K rpm. Compared to stage 1, the gain was 13whp/31wtrq. But dont forget, this stage 2 was tested on stage 1 vehicle with very restrictive exhaust. With proper exhaust the numbers will be closer to 400 wheel.

After having a well built stage 1 and 2 version, I just wanted to push the limits of stock hardware and see where that can take us. Raising up boost, relaxing knock control, more timing and many more modifications, we were able to squeeze out 382whp/407wtrq build. Reviewing logs, I can see that this is not something that should even be attempted for stock hardware daily drive, but could be a viable option for a FOB vehicle with minimum of 93octane.

Another graph showing Stock Vs MPPK VS Stg1:

And one more Stock vs Stg1 Vs Stg2

Take a look at the Stage 1 and Stage 2. Notice how smooth they both are compared to MPPK or even stock.

Here is a simplified datalog from today if someone is actually interested in seeing how the backend part runs. :
https://datazap.me/u/missiontuning/3...ta=7-8&solo=11
Appreciate 1
kern4174456.50