View Single Post
      01-20-2017, 05:31 AM   #73
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

Good news, retrofit 100% working.

A) In rheingold (ISTAD), I went through the RDC module... Tried everything basically there. There are 2 groups of "commands" for the RDC module, diagnostic and triggers. I tried clicking all of them many times. Including the "Initialize Reset" under triggers. I think this is what helped. As soon as I drove off today, within 1-2 minutes the pressure and temperature popped up.

B) There is no new firmware for the RDC module. Not mine anyways. It does not have a CAFD file and there is no option to "inject" one.

C) ISTAP says the module does not belong in my car, even though its listed in the BMW parts catalog. I added the correct option to my VO btw, so that is not the problem.

Anyways, works 100%. I was able to do this by keeping the module in the car Easy install, 4 wires, power and everything is right there. The install is fairly clean too. Just a small piece of 2 sided tape Also, when I keep the screen on the idrive open... I can see the values change independenty of each other. And when I parked today to buy some groceries, when I returned to the car the temperatures dropped to 4-5c (fairly cold day here today). I will do one final test and let air out of each tire (0.2 bar should be enough) to make sure each tire is being read in the correct location.

Here are 2 pics from an hour ago,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0