DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Yea, so, aside from the M LCA/TS themselves, everything is sitting in boxes at the shop awaiting install. A friend of mine has them installed on his MT F80 and said it made a huge difference with "drivetrain slop", not that it was excessive, stock, but noticeable for sure. Going to tear into everything January/February while the Earth turns white. Should be a pretty drastic change in handling, but based on your review of the bushings I'm feeling much better about NVH, as I had my concerns about that.. The Derlin Diff mounts should translate more through shifting (primarily downshifts) and provide more feedback through the rear end. Good news is if they're brutal in respect to NVH, they're not that bad to swap out to stock or a softer alternative bushing. As for the seats and rollbar, I see that happening in the winter of '18/19 for sure. I've committed to this point, and safety is a big factor for my partner, so it will be supported without a doubt

You've got me inspired, man. For a while I felt like I was alone on this track prep journey, lol. I suppose as these cars get a bit older we'll start getting more and more F chassis cars hitting the track, prepped. I'm pretty stoked, this summer I was lapping 4-5 seconds faster than a 997 911s, M4 Cab, CTS-V, C5, prepped Miata, and a bunch of weenies in Jags/AMG's boasting 550+hp, at Area27 race track. All of their reactions to my car and lap times were priceless. This was on a Dinan spring setup, M LCA/TS and 19" PSS's, I cant begin to imagine how good this car will tear it up once the mods are done and have a proper tire!

Going to be a LONGG wait until April

D
Awesome - glad to see another F chassis track enthusiast as well! Please keep us up to date on the progression... sounds like you will have lots going on with the car over the winter!