strobe89
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 + 2015 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney921 View Post
Do you have VSS?
I do. According to my window sticker it was part of the Dynamic handling package for $1,000. Included Adaptive M suspension and Variable sport steering. So, LYTSOUT is correct. So many options on this car that the previous owner managed to break 60k on the sticker price . 3 year off lease price was 30k, that depreciation though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYTSOUT View Post
I'm not sure M adaptive was available independent of the Dynamic Handling Package (which is a combination of VSS and M adaptive) so I'm guessing he does have VSS as well.

Thanks for the very complete review. The 437M reps look great. Would you mind sharing a link to where you found them? The car def looks better (esp with the new tires/wheels) even if the drop doesn't seem very dramatic.

For frame of reference, I'd added a couple shots of my bone-stock F30 N55 xDrive with M adaptive. These measurements were taken with 1/2 tank of gas on OEM 19s with Conti DWS 06 tires in OEM sizes. Gap was measured from top of rim to bottom of fender: 4 5/8 in front and 4 1/2 in rear (so only 1/8 difference but it actually appears more significant that that to the naked eye...funny how your brain can detect such a mild difference).

Anyway, even if I had tiny Donald Trump hands , there's no way I have anywhere near a fist worth of gap (I'd say 2-3 fingers both front and rear depending on how I angle my hands) so I'm not sure why our OEM ride heights are so different on otherwise very similar cars.
I have pretty skinny fingers so that's why it's such a ballpark measurement that isn't very accurate. As you say, it depends how you angle your hands too. I just checked and got about 2-2.5 front and 1.5-2 rear of 'skinny' fingers. .5 is a bit of wiggle, but not enough for an extra finger . If you are worried about reverse rake like I was, I'd say the ACS springs are not too bad. Some of the Dinan pics look like they have a ton on xDrive cars. The reverse rake I ended up with is roughly equivalent to the OEM reverse rake most of the RWD cars, which is very slight. Just eye balling the difference in the springs when they were off the car, the front ACS springs were much shorter than OEM than the rear ACS vs OEM.

I tried to mirror your images for reference. Don't mind the dimly lit garage lighting and poor focusing aged iPhone. The flash just blinded the camera and couldn't read the ruler so no flash it was. I had just a bit over 1/2 tank in these pictures. The driver side seems to sit a bit higher and the RR sags a bit more than the rest it seems (gas tank?). Never noticed that in person though and could be my floor, I know it's not perfectly level and has some dips. Also could be the slight error in holding the ruler. Hard to get it perfect.

Also, here is a link to the eBay posting where I got my wheels. I caution the purchase even though I was content after some work. I received one wheel with a slight defect in the clear coat. Vendor only wanted to give a small credit towards a repair saying it wouldn't fail, but I didn't trust it. My father runs a wheel refinishing shop and said it will fail eventually since the clear was cracked (looked like shipping damage). Eventually after some pressure the vendor did send a replacement. Then once I got it and took them to get mount and balanced with new tires a different wheel was bent on the back lip and wouldn't balance. My father was able to repair it after the vendor seemed less than thrilled about sending another replacement or any additional credits. Obviously he was losing profit at this point. They needed better padding for international shipping. Bought them with an eBay coupon and paid about $800 for the set with shipping. The gun metal also appears darker in person than his photos which was unfortunate in my case as the OEM is a bit lighter. Moot point currently as the seller only has the 19" black version, or 20" gun metal currently. I linked my original item (19" gun metal) I purchased for reference.

Last edited by strobe89; 12-30-2018 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0