United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhelou
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
Yeah hopefully this is resolved next week. I already pulled out both my stock pipes and inter cooler replaced with all with ER anodized aluminum charges pipes. The TIC was courtesy of Mike@n54tuning. Thanks Mike!
I also just ordered a new set of o rings for all the pipes. BMW workshop guide says change o rings when disconnecting pipes and I reused 2 year old rings and 2 couple month old rings from my new stock pipe. I feel like I've got s minor boost leak somewhere so I'm gonna swap all new rings in now.

I don't know why the throttle body pipe end doesn't have a metal flange like the other 3 ends of the pipes. Seems like a big engineering mistake by BMW. I'm very greatful for my all aluminum anodized charge air system from ER.
Quick question,

You did the install yourself? Were there instructions provided or is it all pretty straightforward? I'm asking because I'm going with a Downpipe/Air Filter/Tune route and I don't want to suffer from any of those problems so just going to get this as well, but I would like to read the instructions first to decide whether I let my dealer install it or if its something I could do on my own.

Thanks
I did it myself but ended up damaging a flange on my new charge pipe causing a persistent boost leak. ER customer service has been very helpful getting me a new part quickly. I'm waiting for dd1981 to help me fix my minor exhaust and boost leaks when he comes by this week. It's much easier to do on RWD than xDrive like I have. Take your time and you should be fine. My personal suggestion which is not found in any of the guides is to purchase new o-rings for your charge pipes and new gaskets/clamps for your exhaust from your favorite BMW parts reseller. 4 o-rings are about $20 and exhaust gaskets at ~$50 total. Not necessary by any means but it's suggested by the BMW workshop guide and it will decrease the probability of a leak.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0