N-W
oOOo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1cey View Post
What 3 series have you got?
I have an M140i, and on the babybmw forum, insurance appears to have gone through the roof due to thefts and numpty’s wrapping them round trees!!
I was with Chris knott for the past two years who were very competitive against the mainstream insurers, but moved to Sainsburys this year because the excess was only £150 (cheapest I’ve seen), and policy only £360. Excess was £350 with Chris Knott last two years (policy cost very similar), excess £500 with most others (and was £700 prior to that with Direct Line, just because I fitted the black M-Performance grills (worth £80, go figure), hence the reason I went with Chris Knott).
Have since put the original grills on, to keep the car standard, and eliminate the opportunity to increase for feck all!!
As others say, bit of a lottery!!
P.S. 50 year old, good location, but a fault from 2016
:-(
Only a 330d Touring, not even a 335d it's probably a big fact to living in the West Midlands, in particular Birmingham which appears to be one of the hot spots for car crime.

I think the M140i is going to be my next car, I've been looking into them for the past 2 years at least. I'll probably wait to see what offers come in March for the new M135i, although I know I just want the 140i with the 6cyl and rear wheel drive.
Appreciate 0