View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 04:05 PM   #19
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeM55 View Post
Ahhh gotcha. Ok. I fear that I have the same issue. I'm only 1 to 1.5 psi from target just like you. I've reinstalled the CP twice myself and had a shop do it a third time.

I ordered the 4mm o-ring but haven't gotten around to install it. Looks like I'll have to order the 4.5mm o-ring and use your method to seal that leak. Thanks again! I'm hoping that this works because this leak is becoming a huge PITA.

Forgot to mention. I have the G-Plus IC to VRSF CP.
Yeah, i dont think the issue is with incorrect installation. Its simply the connection between the parts that can cause the leak if their sizes are out of spec. I think the only way you could incorrectly install the CP to the IC is if you forget the Oring or let it get twisted, which in my experience if very difficult to do (and pretty much impossible with the aftermarket ones i think).

I would perform a boost leak check and confirm the location of any leak(s) before going through the hassle of reinstalling things, but it definitely wont hurt to have those Orings on hand. If you are going to be ordering from the Oring store, i would probably order the larger one for the CP-TB connection as well. I didnt do my boost leak check until after I installed that one, so i can't confirm if it would have leaked with stock Oring, but the connection was definitely better with the 4mm x 81mm Oring for VRSF CP-throttle body connection. Since the Orings are so cheap and the main cost is shipping, i would just order any ones you think you might need... start with the largest CS size and go down until one fits.
Appreciate 0