View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #72
rconti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5 3.5d, Clownshoe, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gras View Post
'Hot' and 'wagon' on the same sentence?? I mean its not bad, but common..
No, the sedan is common. The wagon is unique and cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsenadbz88
EXACTLYYYY, it's pretty ugly and in my eyes useless, might as well just get an X1 or X3.
Why would I want an ugly truck? Name one way in which the wagon is "useless" compared to the sedan. It sure sucks to load stuff onto a rack on top of a truck, too. I've been able to drive my car into the garage WITH the bike on the roof. Why would I want to put a lift kit on it so that it's less practical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardboard
I don't understand this wagon stuff. I mean the car looks great,however, of you were given a chance of an M5 or M5wagon you'd all chose wagon.
Can someone explain this
I think the better question is, if you have a car with a given length and (approximate) weight, why would you choose the less-useful-in-every-way sedan? I mean, sure, the wagon's gonna be a bit heavier, and if it was a sports car, you'd have a point, but the M5 is already heavy as hell, it can stomach a little more weight.

To me, the sedans are just so damn boring and common. I don't get the point.

Here's my dream: F31, Estoril, M-Sport, 6MT, 6cyl diesel, xDrive.
The 335 gas engine is damn tempting though -- but (and I must be getting old here), the 2 liter turbo gas engine has me pretty interested as well. I've complained for years that BMW only put the weakest 6cyl in the wagon, but finally they produced a 'low spec' engine for the US that actually gets good enough mileage to justify picking the lower engine.

So really, I could do just about any of the current line of US engines in the F31, preferably the diesel, but it needs to have xDrive, and needs to be a 6MT, I will not buy a slushbox. I might be willing to compromise on DCT if that's all they offer.

I sympathize with all you RWD-only purists, I never thought I'd be asking for a car like this in RWD, but I've already got enough RWD cars.. I can't justify getting a *big* car with big car weight, and not have AWD. If the car has a diesel, it won't even notice the extra weight of the AWD system. I go to the mountains a lot, and chain control means I'd have to be chaining up all the time.. SCREW THAT. Can't justify having separate cars for the mountains and for roadtrips.

Last edited by rconti; 04-13-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0