View Single Post
      02-21-2019, 10:55 PM   #7
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

I got the hotchkis adjustable endlinks. They're ok ... certainly overpriced for what it cost them to make them. When I lowered my car the drivers side endlink didn't exactly fit right (to say the least). I had to force it.

It was very cool to reach up in there with the wheels on the ground and feel the preload disappear as I adjusted each end. The car does ride a bit better, I imagine it handles more evenly L/R. There's some vids out there for how to install.

After bolting them up, leave the adjustment loose. Drive back and forth a bunch for it to settle. Get a friend or put weights in the drivers seat. Reach up behind the wheel and move it around to find where there's no resistance, then snug the nut. Then jack back up and crank the nuts down.

To install them is pretty easy. But there's not much room to get the tools in on the bottom end where the link attaches to the bar (maybe just an awd problem with all the extra nonsense up front). It took me longer than it should have and I cursed a bunch. It's doable, there's one exact spot where you can turn the wrench a bit and one exact spot where you can counterhold the bushing with a torx socket. A flex head ratcheting 16mm long handle wrench could be the deal but is not necessary.
Appreciate 2
714f3029.00
alexng72147.00