Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
You may have a point Goneinsixtyseconds but I think it goes further than that.

To my eye the new grilles just don't look part of the car - large surrounds, standing proud of the front of the car, differential but not complimentary finishes and, yes, oversized.

Looks like someone has been to a different manufacturer's parts bin and picked out something 'for effect'.
I see what you're saying, but not sure I agree. There are some pretty hideous grilles on other cars too, but because of where they're positioned, it doesn't make the whole car look ugly.

It seems the position of BMW's just makes the whole thing look a mess. I think the reason they don't look part of the car, as other bad grilles still do, is entirely down to its positioning.

I went on a long drive yesterday, looked at every single car, thousands of them, and not one stood out the way the BMW ones do, even when it was a big and complicated design.
yep, agreed
Mazda, for example, has featured large grilles on a number of its models in recent years. To my eyes, and in the flesh in particular, they don't look crap in the least. Here's the 6...
Attached Images