View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 10:10 AM   #39
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

This is motoring journalist Shane O'Donoghue's take on the new 4 concept, from September last year. Made me smile..

Why are you sitting on the bonnet?
Oh look, sharp new LED lights without covers and check out the size of those air intakes!

You didn't answer me...
And have you seen these deep-dished 21-inch rims? They convincingly fill those muscular wheelarches, do they not? Those big wheels accentuate the shallow glasshouse and rising waistline, too. You gotta love the way BMW's designers have integrated the door mirrors into the 'weather strips', too. Look through the pics and you'll find tiny little BMW logos floating within the mirror housing. That detail is echoed in the rear lights, which look dramatic, but not so far away from the current BMW L-shaped signature for us to rule them out of production. Obviously, this Frankfurt show car, called the Concept 4, previews the 2020 BMW 4 Series Coupe. Shall we talk about what powertrain options it might get?

Move away from the car...
I'm not sure that's a good idea.

WTAF?!
Erm, yes, BMW has given the Concept 4 a rather eye-catching front grille. It cites the BMW 328 and 3.0 CSi as the inspiration for this, and comments from its designers make it clear that this vertical arrangement of the kidney grille is set for production in the new 4 Series. Still, the way the BMW badge sits in the valley of the heavily sculpted bonnet is nice, isn't it?