View Single Post
      04-04-2019, 11:12 PM   #9
TX1SERIESM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '13 M5

I picked up a white/red 6 speed ZHP in late February for about $10k off sticker (about 16% discount from MSRP) and it has been a great daily despite the missing m brakes and typical numb F30 steering.

Normally I modify my cars and this one already included all of the visual and performance mods (aside from brakes) that restored the car to how it should have come from the factory before the bean counters, product planners, and nannies had a chance to water it down.

From what I can tell, these ZHP cars have been sitting on the lot since September 2018 so it is a good time to make a deal if you’re in the market for a great daily driver that checks all the right boxes:
4 doors
6 speed manual
rear wheel drive
turbo six cylinder
limited slip differential
factory tuned (cat back + ecu tune)

Value wise this car properly discounted is about $20k cheaper than a stripper M3 so in reality it is sad that there is no competition that also checks all of the boxes above.

Edit: on second thought I will concede BMW bean counters should have included upgraded brakes. Regardless of the visual improvement, the factory brakes feel out of balance given the extra power and overall sportty demeanor that encourages spirited driving.
Appreciate 0