Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Hey everyone, I really love this forum honestly for the vast knowledge people have outside BMW.

So my parents decided to order windows to be replaced....

I believe my current windows are wood. There is rot on the exterior sills on most windows(or just moss). Now i don't know if anyone has used castle windows. But I just found the contract and today the last day to cancel....
my problem is, I don't know enough about it. and cant take the contractor's word on what he defines as repairing the window. We need 22 double hung windows and rot repair. Anderson wanted just north of 20k. Whereas castle window is only charging 12k. Whats the catch? I know different window brands, but 8k-9k must be going somewhere? Ugh last minute things....I appreicate anyone's help. Ill post the contract, and a picture of my window

Make sure the Anderson windows are not "replacement by Andersen". The likely difference is that many companies compete with "replacement window prices". If you get legit Andersen or Pella wood windows that will be the difference in cost. 22 windows is a lot of windows and obviously depending on the size/ type costs vary.

Just for a point of reference I bought 7 Pella double hung wood windows with the sashes last year for my house when I was renovating. It cost me $3700 USD just for the windows, no labor as I did the labor myself.

Triple it you're at about 12k (21-22 windows) and about $200-$250 per window is general labor rate so you're right there with the large quote. Maybe should be a bit less