01-06-2019, 05:48 AM   #12
Stepback3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Access by BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
I have 2 issues with BMW's program.

1. I can't custom order the car and get exactly what I want. I have to compromise on colors and options and settle for whatever is available.

2. This program is more than twice of what I'd pay to lease the car. It doesn't make any financial sense. If it was priced lowered like Volvo's program then a lot more people would be interested.
This is what makes describing the program so hard. You are referring to "the car" when there is no single "car." When you purchase or lease you pick out a car and color and features.

When you subscribe, you don't care nearly as much about that stuff because in the next couple of days you'll switch!

Today I have a 540i that is blue with saddle interior. Tomorrow I'm going to try out an i3 just for fun. On Wednesday I'm going to try out the X2. By next weekend I'll likely have an M something.

You can't compare leasing a single vehicle to a subscription anymore than you can Blockbuster Video to Netflix. Sure, it's all cars but the experience is way different.

I get the price concerns. It is expensive. No denying that. The country club isn't the cheapest way to play golf. This is like the country club of BMW.
Appreciate 4