View Single Post
      08-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #1
jdmwol2ks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: grey

New to F30 for Tracking, got some questions

Hi Everybody,

I picked up a 2016 328i for DD and occasional HDPE events (maybe 5 events of tracks/autox a year). I've done a handful of events with my other car (S2000) so I'm no stranger to the basics but i'm curious with everybody's experience with the F30 specifically. Will be putting on a set of Michelin PS4S for good DD and high performance use. I'm looking to use the car at the track for fun and not chasing down lap times. Mainly will just be taking the car to Thunderhill East/West and Laguna Seca. Was hoping to get some in the following topics:

Brakes:
I've read the threads and it seems like the M sport (blue caliper) brakes with OEM pads should do the job with high temp fluid. Going to be putting in RBF 600 or ATE Type 200. Will this be enough? (May just do RBF600 since laguna does require heavy braking)

Drive Mode:
Split between running Sport+ or Sport with DSC off? I read that the eLSD is only on when DSC is off but can ruin the tires faster because it'll cause it to spin more (i understand that this could be reduced by how you contol throttle)? Vs the Sport+ DSC is minimal which maybe good as well but then when DSC kicks it it wears the rear brakes more? I'm leaning towards to running Sport/DSC off since I do have some peddle control (modulating the peddle) and don't think i'll just be flooring and spinning the tires.

Any help or additional tips would be great about the F30 on the track if possible! Thanks!
Appreciate 0