01-25-2021, 01:22 PM   #14
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
yeah but you can get a bm3 package for 500 to 550 new (most retailers give discounts) add 50 for the map pack and you have access to all the various maps from stage 1 up to stage+ meant for hpfps and turbos etc.. and you get logging included, a trans flash included etc etc.

in what world would I even give you guys a thought in regards to a tune?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I know you guys have a market but it just doesn't make sense to me when there appears to be more cost effective options that will get more power in the long run.
No offense taken or antyhing. It all comes down to what you value and the specific market you are targeting. Obviously the allure of traditional Dinan is the warranty/dealership angle which doesn't really apply to N55 flashes at this point but given how the base tunes are the same as those that were once warrantied there is some piece of mind for some knowing that at one point we were sure enough of those to offer a factory matching warranty. Its a little thing but some put a value on that. Then there is legality side of things -- we are one of the few entities that gets CARB EO's on items. N55 Flash is pending but submitted at present. For those doing DP's and all that jazz they obviously don't care about that facet but there is a fairly large market where that is a concern and where the utmost importance is placed there. In fact, we have invested millions of dollars in the past year between the portfolio of brands to have emissions dyno cells added and integrated into multiple locations so that part of development is more controlled in house. Also, will ultimately speed up the the Memo 1A and CARB processes so products are truly 50 state legal. Probably most importantly though is we would argue that we are the most thorough in terms of safety parameters and maintaining engine integrity over the long haul. We live by the flash and forget mentality. Of course this is also not for everybody. If you are a tinkerer then by all means there are alternative options out there that are better suited. No argument there.

Long story short Dinan is still heavily invested in the OEM+ side of things and that is a bit different market to cater to then others. I will say we are starting to depart from that a bit in some of the development currently underway so our appeal may spread out a bit in the not so distant future. At that point maybe there will be more value to others like yourself but until then --- competition and a multitude of options are friends of the marketplace.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50
visionaut1305.50