View Single Post
      08-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #8491
Chaton78
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaton78 View Post
FYI. Still pending issue but if it happens to you...

My device is from Aliexpress, unknown HW, 3.1.2.gpe.b, MCU 20.22 something. It was installed in April and working perfectly with my iphone.

I came back from vacation. The car have been sitting in the driveway for two weeks. Battery was old. Anyway, I cranked the engine and drove for 100m. Car was still on the NBT screen and the MMI was booting. It "tried" to switch to carplay. Suddenly, NBT screen went black and turned off (black to really black).

The NBT started to reboot every 30 seconds (dvd drive clicking). I tried to unplug the battery to reset it. I even changed the battery because it was old and it can cause gremlins to appear. It solved nothing. I've plugged in Ista and E-Sys.. Kombi, NBT and AMP were showing red. It could not communicate with them. Not a good feeling.

I've disassembled again the dash. Pulled the NBT, it was still extremely hot. I've removed the quadlock t-harness, plugged back the original cable back in with the fiber optic cables. I did not even move back the screen cable. The system is back alive.

So my next step, it is remove the glove box and unplug the MMI box. It smells like something is shorting the bus. It will check if the harness was damaged or something obvious blew up in the box, a cap?

Don't hesitate to share your ideas...
Found it.. for unkown reason... dip switch 2 was ON. I don't understand how it was working for 6 months.. I've turned it off.. now, it works.
Appreciate 0