View Single Post
      05-24-2021, 07:13 PM   #3
Filip3615
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
MHD's programming only allows "exhaust flap always open in sport mode" AFAIK.

Using coding, you can also control the exhaust flap. I read up on coding some time ago, but never implemented anything. Your best bet is to do some research and specifically go into the coding technical forum for coding-related questions: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=429

From what i recall, you either code it always open or always closed, i am not sure you can do more refined control than that.

Also, I am pretty sure my exhaust flap always opens for the first ~60 seconds on a cold start? So i am a little surprised yours doesn't.
AFAIK The F-series exhaust flap always stay closed for the first 30-60 seconds of cold start. Thats what ive head everywhere. So that yours would be open is strange in my regard.

I was not particularly interested in coding a permanent solution but wanted a temporary one where i could choose when to have the flap open and when not too. This is why I figure i would ask about the bimmerlink/ bimmercode options. As i see they have an option to control the exhaust flap.

I dont always want my flap open on cold starts, my neighbors think Its loud enough already, but would be fun to be able to make it really aggressive sometimes when out on a meet or such.
Appreciate 0