06-14-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallco View Post
Has anyone dynoed their n55’s ? Here are my results for PWG n55 bmw f30

Mods : MHD stage 2 plus 93oct tune, xhp stage 1, Catless downpipe, bms intake, race intercooler , charge pipe

Before I share my results, know I installed brand new 1 step colder plugs and coils right before the dyno. Also we did 3 runs first in comfort mode before realizing dsc disengaged sport plus mode. The difference was 35whp from comfort mode to sport plus. Finally on the 4th run after the car was already heat soaked we ran the results again

MHD claims stage 2 plus n55 pwg is : 400HP, 430 torque for n55 pwg

My xDrive pwg n55 dynoed 330whp and 415 torque to the wheels.
Which is about 396hp and 498 torque at crank. I bet if we did the the 1st run in sport plus from the beginning, I would of been a few hp higher but It didn't bother me since the car made what is was basically supposed to make just as mhd advertised in terms of hp

My torque was about 15% higher thanks to xhp.

I'm curious to see everyone's dyno numbers for either pwg or ewg n55's on any stage. Please indicate your tuning company
I'm curious why you are using a 1.2 wheel to crank hp/tq correction factor? I dont think these cars have a 20% drivetrain loss. That's very high.

Also, were the dyno numbers weather corrected? Another critical factor that affects the numbers. In either case, indicate the temperature and altitude when/where you did the dyno and the type of dyno.

Also, sport + does not disengage dsc, it turns on dynamic mode but does not fully disengage it. You need to hold the buttom for that. Unless traction control was kicking in, sport + and comfort should make exactly the same power at WOT. Did you not put the car in dyno mode before doing the pulls?

Finally, what gear did you dyno in? XHP will do nothing unless you are hitting torque limits. So unless you dyno'd in 3rd or 6th XHP shouldnt make a difference.

The numbers are around what is expected for a PWG but all of these factors make the peak #s pretty meaningless without proper context and the absence of a baseline pull on stock tune.
Appreciate 0