dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
I drive a E90 M3 and I, like many others, have been suffering from this issue since 500 miles 3 years ago. I cannot believe that BMW STILL has not fixed this issue after so many years. My car had a sticker price of 78k and for that kind of a price, something like this is ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous is that there is a service bulletin out (or there has been since 2008 apparently) and all they can do is applying teflon tape to door seals. I took my car in 6 times to 3 dealerships over the course of 3 years and the issue always returned after 1-2 weeks.

I was hoping the new M3 wouldn't have this problem, but it looks like it will too. This is such an annoying and embarrassing problem to have, when people are in your 80k car and it starts squeaking all over the place, they can't help make fun of you and they have every right to do so.

I was reading this thread and it is depressing since I find noises the most annoying. I was considering the new M3 but you just put a dent into my plans. What the heck is going on BMW?
Yep. No more 3 series, M3 or BMW sedan for me. Rather pay more monthly than to suffer this defect.

Maybe that's why they are making gran coupe because they can't figure out how to fix the door seal noise lol.

dL
Appreciate 0