dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Like I posted in another thread on the issue (the threads should be merged, btw), I have suffered the problem and the dealer finally solved it by replacing the seals. I just picked it up today and it is dead quiet, but I am not sure if it will last.

Brief history goes like this: I first heard signs of it when picking up the car after a complimentary detailing at the dealers (as compensation for some other things).
I asked the dealer for advice and was told to use silicone. Which made it worse. The dealer then tried on two occasions to get rid of the problem by cleaining the seals and using silicone remover (as well as applying the special BMW seal lubricant). Nothing helped - it sounded worse than ever.

Finally they ordered new seals (both interior door seals and the ones at the top of the doors). According to the dealer, changing the interior seals helped a bit but changing the top seals was the main thing to get rid of the sound.

At this point I am personally interested in knowing what might be causing the problem (so I can avoid it happening a second time). But I would advise anyone not able to get rid of the problem to demand new seals.

Clearly they are either of inferior quality OR we are not being given enough information on how to care for them.
This is interesting to me for a couple reasons....the one thing, I only hear it on the passenger side of the car. Also, when I crack the rear passenger window, just a tiny bit, the noise is significantly reduced. So it sure seEms like seals is a legitimate cause
I agree I only hear it on the passenger side also.

dL
Appreciate 0