View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #88
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_3 View Post
So I know this discussion has mainly focused around the creaking from the door seals, but I just wanted to share my experience with another creaking sound in the car. Mine was coming from the rear dome light. Any time I hear the sound, I can reach back and push up on the dome light, and the sound is eliminated. I took my car in for the noise, and at first they tried to add some foam to the light surround, but it actually made it worse. So they ordered me an entire new dome light and installed it last week. It's better, but still not completely gone. Anyone else have the creaking noise coming from the rear dome light?
Me.

Drove me crazy for 3 weeks. First thing I did was get the dome light out of the car, disconnect it, then using a glue gun to epoxy the metal clips to the plastic dome light (clear the old glue first). While not affecting all cars, on mine the glue was very poorly applied so I needed to clean it off first.

Before putting the dome light back in. Tap the headliner and listen for a rattle. Surprise, surprise, a lose clip. That took 20 minutes but I finally tapped it out.

Here you go:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=941943

Finally, silence, until the door creak a week ago.
Appreciate 0