03-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #107
Thompson
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post

The HK audio system needs updating badly. LOGIC 7 is pointless and worthless. Engaging it ruins stereo recordings, and I have no need for artificial "surround sound" in my car.
The overall sound quality for an $850 upgrade is not there at all. Sure, the volume can get loud, but the acual audio quality is not there.
Competing manufacturers have better audio systems in the same class and price range.
I agree, logic 7 seems okay for some songs and absolutely terrible for others. I turned logic 7 off and overall I like the sound better. I still can't seem to figure out why the bass booms obnoxiously in some songs but is nearly nonexistent in others. The bass is so bad in some songs that it just completely drowns out everything else. I've tried going into the settings and adjusting the bass level, but I can't seem to find a sweet spot. My 2002 VW Jetta had a very basic sound system with the bass perfectly calibrated for each song, no adjustment required. I've heard that others have tweaked the EQ settings and gotten better results but I honestly don't know enough about it to mess with it.
Appreciate 0