View Single Post
      10-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #13
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

^yes they are a bit of an aquired taste.
z3m coupe was also an aquired taste and now is considered a gem.

Wiesmanns hold their value pretty good. From the earlier ones I always thought the interior was a bit sub par in design but later ones got very much better.
I've spotted 4 or 5 in the wild I think.

What I think is (from a technical pov) interesting about them, is that they not only use the bmw engines, but sometimes another bmw part but in a configuration that was never ment that way.
So sometimes you see 1 bmw suspension arm, but the rest of the arms in the multilink configuration is all custom.
Or an arm that is clearly made in the image of a bmw arm, but completely billet milled because they wanted an adaptation.
I mean in that picture with the s54 csl engine you can see a standard e46 strut top mount, but underneath that is a totally different strut in a dual wishbone config.

But competition is tough. For the (asking)price of a used wiesmann you can also buy a really nice gallardo or f430, or even a 458. Strong money for the wiesmanns on the 2nd hand market.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 10-13-2017 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0