08-14-2020, 04:05 PM   #4194
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerylist View Post
With the new custom v2 firmware, most of the time I'm unable to get AA to launch automatically and also can't get it to launch when I click the AA icon with the idrive controller.

This didn't really happen with the Andream firmware. Occasionally when running the Andream firmware, wireless AA would disconnect, but I'd go into the settings and disconnect/reconnect then would be prompted to start AA again. I've tried doing this in the custom firmware with the Bimmertech layout in wireless settings where I see my phone but when I click my phone to disconnect, nothing happens. If I toggle over I can delete my phone but I doubt that I'd want to do that.

I'd far prefer to use wireless AA but to do some testing with wired AA, I did find it more reliable, however if my phone bumps around, when connected, AA drops out and sometimes it will relaunch but if it doesn't other than disconnecting my phone and reconnecting, I haven't been able to figure out how to re-initiate AA. I don't know if this MMI unit is particularly finicky but when I've used a rental car that had stock AA, I've never had any issues with AA disconnecting, if my phone was bouncing around due to "spirited" driving. Do others have issues with wired AA disconnecting like this?

BTW I'm still having issues with Autolink seeming to conflict with wired AA, so that Autolink is simply unusable.
I'm not having any issues with wireless AA with my Samsung Galaxy S10e.

I was previously using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and that was slow and unreliable with wireless AA. Which phone are you using?
Appreciate 0