View Single Post
      01-22-2018, 12:29 AM   #114
laggysogxx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atiqofsweden View Post
Yes, i agree with you on this, they charged me aswell.

plus when i experimented with plugging in the new aux cable into the connector on the main harness i broke it, they charged me extra for a new main cable with the aux cable pre installed, wich is the cable i should have gotten from the very beginning...

my advice would be, dont try to push the pins out of the connector unless you know what you are doing, you are much better off splicing them into the cables that are already there!
Did you by chance finish installing it and get it to work? I'm still waiting on my aux cable.

My experience so far with this retrofit kit hasn't been very positive. Installing this module will disable Bluetooth and USB audio (at least for my 2013 CIC small screen with combox). Customer service is based on China and communication can be quite challenging. I'm now debating whether I should return this and scrap this whole thing.

On the side note, my iDrive is broken for some reason (not 100% sure if it's Unichip related issue). It gets stuck in main BMW logo when I first start the car. I can hear the music if I turn the volume up, for about 2-3 min while displaying the BMW logo but it won't get past that screen. After several minutes being stuck in BMW logo, it just turns itself off and restarts and same thing repeats.
Appreciate 0