08-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #19
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CP YMB

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
Over two years in my 3 GT and I still think it is spot on for what I need right now & I just don't get the criticism at all - I plan to keep it for another 2-3 years and would hope to be able go with a next generation M3 at that point as I shouldn't be needing the space (I mention that as that is an indicator of what I look for in a car and the GT is not that far adrift). I had the 5 GT before that (M Sport in Carbon Black & 20" wheels) and before that various BMW saloons.

Despite all the criticism on the forums the 5 GT is the only BMW I've driven where I've noticed admiring looks and even received a thumbs up... As it happens I don't like the look of wagons/estates/tourers but I need the space at present so the GT fits the bill perfectly... I'd say it is different to the saloon in a good way - much rarer... Go with what you need/want and ignore what others say about looks... Besides, apart from BMW geeks no one else would know what BMW model it is if you de-badge it - it probably looks closest to a 4 series of some description... For looks I'd recommend it in M Sport spec...
Appreciate 1