View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #67
KQ335XF30
BMWCCA #470039
Rep
Drives: F30-335XDRIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad335 View Post
I agree. I do think Xdrive is a good system but again it depends on your needs and where you live. I had a Audi S4 a few cars ago and I will say that car was great in any conditions but the AWD and 8cyl. motor were a horror scene on MPG. I was seeing 14 and 15 MPG. For me I know for a fact that a good set of dedicated snows on RWD will get you where you need to go.

So, Jeeps are 4 wheel drive and you see them flipped over. Seems to me that is operator induced. You can have any system you want, AWD, X Drive, 4 matic or plain old RWD. In the end if you drive like an ass you will pay the price. I see all types of vehicles stranded on the side of the road and flipped over too. People get a false sense of security with AWD systems and drive in snow and ice like they're on a dry road. It's comes down to common sense. RWD with dedicated snow tires will do the job. If you want to spend the extra cash on Xdrive then that is your choice.

I have a 2013 335xdrive + all seasons and it's great on all driving conditions.
The vehicle feels very planted in all conditions and speed.
MPG is around 22MPG for city driving, 30MPG for highway driving.

AWD is kinda like buying car insurance. Most of the time, you will not need it and most people think it's a waste of money. But it's that one time when you really need it, you glad you got it.

I believe MBENZ AMG division is going AWD (4MATIC) on all their future vehicles so there has to be some good reason.
Appreciate 0