Troy27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac850 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac850 View Post
I have 2013 BMW 328I xdrive with 82000 miles on it. It quit running. My independent mechanic tells the engine is toast. Called the BMW dealer that I bought it from used with 40000 miles on it. They pretty much said tough luck. Then I called BMW NA. They sounded like the wanted to help in some way but could not guarantee anything until officially diagnosed by BMW dealer. Since the original dealer is 80 miles away...I had it towed to a local BMW dealer. Then I started doing a ton of research. Apparently, this engine failure could not be avoided by me in any way. Meaning it was going to fail no matter how I treated the car. Obviously, there was the 70,000-mile recall. BMW knew that most of these engines would blow after 70,000 miles. I did some more internet digging...and guess what. There is a huge class-action lawsuit going on! I have spoken with 2 lawyers involved in that lawsuit. They both think BMW is going to settle in the next 30 days or so. Most likely with another extended warranty. I am beyond pissed off at this point. It's my wife's car. Even if BMW were to fix the motor free of charge....I don't think she wants it back. The bad news is that we still owe $14000 dollars on it....yuck! If anyone would like more info...hit me up..I have a good amount of it!

Well just got off the phone with the dealership. The engine is toast and its the timing chain issue. Did I mention the service manager is an absolute jackass! He ripped my wifes head off yesterday for no reason. Anyway, BMW apparently offered $2500 dollars toward the repair. Comical at best! I guess I am waiting things out till the lawsuit is settled. If anyone has any suggestions...I would love to hear them at this point. The repair is 10 grand...I owe 14 grand on it!!! Gonna be one hell of a battle!!!
Sorry about your situation. It really does suck and I hope BMW does the right thing. They obviously know there's an issue and until something really unfortunate happens and the media gets a hold of it, like an entire family dying in a crash because the TC fails on the highway, they probably won't issue a recall. It would cost them way too much money to recall every n20/26 engine. At the end of the day they are a company that really only cares about their bottom line. I have a n26 with the affected TC and I feel like I'm driving a ticking time bomb. I hope BMW does something more than the extended warranty they already issued. I wish you the best and hope everything works out. Please keep us posted.
Appreciate 0